Course Name: M.B.B.S.
Duration: 4 years 6 Months Academic year and One Year Compulsory rotating intern ship (House Surgeon Ship) 4 years is divided into 3 phases (9 Semesters each of 6 months).
- Phase – I consists of 2 Semesters
- Phase – II consists of 3 Semesters
- Phase – III Part – I consists of 2 Semesters
- Phase – III Part – II consists of 2 Semesters
- Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistr during the Phase-I and examined at the end of Phase-I
- Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine & Pharmacology in Phase – II and examined at the end of Phase-II
- E.N.T., Ophthalmology and Community Medicine are examined in Phase-III Part-I
- Clinical subjects – Medicine & Allied, Surgery & allied and Obst & Gynecology to be taught during Phase – II and Phase – III and examined in Phase – III Part – II
Pre-Requisites for Admission
- 12th Grade (10+2) or equivalent with a minimum average of 50% in Biological Sciences, Physics and Chemistry taken together
- However in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and other Backward Classes (OBC) the qualifying marks should be 40% instead of 50%
- Eligibility requirement for admission into M.B.B.S. course can be obtained in the website : http://ntruhs.ap.nic.in